Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

nrg Ceramics Now Mag

Debra Fleury Ceramics - Interview for Ceramics Now Magazine
Debra Fleury. Tidal, 2011, Dark Stoneware, Porcelain and glass. Fired to cone 6, wall installation. Dimensions variable, average size per individual piece is approximately 10x10x8 cm

I remember the first piece I created that had an impact on me. It was a little pinch pot, a half sphere and nicely formed. It was so perfect, likely the best I had made to date. I wondered what would happen if I dropped it while it was still malleable. I decided to indulge this impulse and I let my little pinch pot fall. The perfectly round rim became this very interesting, offset elliptical shape in response to the force of the impact. After it was fired it retained the mark of that force. It looked plastic, but it was solid.
http://www.ceramicsnow.org/post/23568018995/interview-with-debra-fleury-new-artist-may-2012

No comments:

Post a Comment